Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Milan Kundera Quote

Well, I finished The Unbearable Lightness of Being today. I think this is a really good book with lots of excellent content. There is a good amount of quality thoughts, philosophy, and politics in this book. I’ve been a bit hard on it with respect to the entire lack of a story, but you get over it as you read more of the book. He does a good job of making the characters front and center, instead of having the plot be front and center. I will be peppering my posts with occasional quote from this book as there has been too many for me to post.

“And at the moment he felt pleasure suffusing his body, [he] himself disintegrated and dissolved into the infinity of his darkness, himself becoming infinite. But the larger a man grows in his own inner darkness, the more his outer form diminishes. A man with closed eyes is a wreck of a man.”

No comments: