Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Commute






We have been getting settled. I'm going to do another Photosynth of 57 Bradford when we get things even more settled. I've had  a crazy week, going out after work more nights than not, and haven't spent enough time at home. This week all of that will change.

The Commute has been an interesting feature of this week. On Saturday (the Move) I sprained my ankle moving some boxes at Brians. So, due to my ankle sprain, I had to take all public transportation from my house to my work and back. This resulted in a 2hr 35min trip each way and was a total round trip cost of $17.75- the good thing is that the bus picks me up right in front of the house- the bad news is that the way I went resulted in 3 different forms of public transit and each change over costs mucho tiempo.

When I rode my bike to the train station (20mins from my house to the far main one), rode the Caltrain to Mtn. View, and then rode my bike to my work (about 25-30 minutes). This resulted in a 1hr 45min trip this morning and is going to be a total round trip cost of $8.00 for the Caltrain. So, I've got a cheaper, healthier commute that is about 15minutes longer than the SC drive in the evening and about 45min longer in the morning (a difference that's equal to the biking time). All in all, I think that this is a better commute and I can honestly say that I am a much happier brighter person upon arrival. 

No comments: