Thursday, January 12, 2006

Fatness:
So I found this little graph in the San Jose Mercury News this morning. I digitized it, and graphed it for your pleasure.

"Opinions on Weight: Americans' attitudes toward overweight people have become more accepting. Percentage of people who agree with the statement: People who are not overweight are more attractive."



I don't know that I would be so quick to say people have become more accepting, I think people just aren't being hypocritical. Take a look at the increase in overweight and obese people. While overweight has remained steady, obesity has taken off, meaning that healthy people have become overweight, while and equal amount of overweight people have become obese.


Scary stuff. On a happy note, California will probably ok funds for solar panel subsidies. This will increase the demand, which will in turn lower the cost...which will increase use, etc. The are hoping to refund 1/3 of the cost of a solar panel system.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Well, you can count me on the side that I do not find fat people attractive.. mind in a sexual sort of way, they can be fine people. BUT that just means inside my head I'm yelling at them to get off their fat asses and DO something cause since they're such fine people, they'd be having so much more fun if they weren't so FAT!