Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cousin Joel, M.D.



This is my Cousin Joel, son of Mary my Dad's sister. He and I are pretty much the same age and grew up going to each others houses for weekends, birthdays, and Guzman family get-togethers. He is actually Dr. Joel Williams, MD now, which is pretty great, and amazing, and I'm getting old. He now lives in Sacramento which is pretty sweet b/c we can hang out. It is really weird hanging out with someone who shares a significant portion of your DNA and world views, cause it's sorta like you are pre-coded to be friends. We had an awesome weekend, I finally got to see the new Batman movie, which was a friggin' trip and a half, got a bit boozie on Chimay and Delerium Tremmens. Then over breakfast at Brasil, we had some good male bonding and philosophy discord(ia). He had a good anatomical view of the "We Are All One" thing; when you eat something, when does it become part of you? Or is it always/already part of you before that whole process begins? And if not, then when does it become part of your being? Good stuff.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I like the freckles!

Jesse said...

Did you know that I have freckles too?!

Liz said...

now that you mention it, I do seem to remember some indelible spots on your face.... ;)